Monday, January 18, 2016

Some Life Goals of Mine

Well, 2016 is here. I feel that this year is going to lead to many interesting and fundamental changes in my life. Lately I have been thinking about some of the goals that I want to accomplish before the Grim Reaper pays me a visit.



I thought it would be cool to write a blog post listing out these goals. Then in a few years or so, I'll click back to this post to see if I actually did any of the shit I said I wanted to. I'm going to be depressed as hell if I read this post in five years and I haven't met at least one of these goals. Well, anyway, let's get this list going.

1. Go to Law School



This has been one of my main goals in life since I was in middle school. Learning about the law and legal proceedings has always been fascinating to me. I have worked as a court clerk for over two years now just so I could see first hand how the court system operates. However, I am a bit apprehensive about going. Mostly because of finances. This shit will not be cheap. I'm trying to look at law school as an investment for my future, but right now all I can see is the strain it's going to put on me while I am trying to reach said future.

And yet, every time I hear about another unarmed black person being killed, the resulting rage I feel makes me want to pursue a career in law. I mainly want to be an attorney so that I can help fight against civil and criminal injustice. I want to study the law, change the law, and create law that leads to the betterment of all people. Especially minorities. Black. Lives. Matter.

2. Write a Book. Or Several Books. Just Write Something



I love to write. Well I say I do, but I engage in the craft so sporadically that I don't even think people believe me anymore. Sometimes I don't even believe myself. But I swear I do. I just suck at time management. I have been working on the same 2-3 stories on and off since 2007 and have not finished a single one. Last year, I decided to create a "short story". Usually my story ideas are these long "epics" that, if adapted into a TV show, could be made into 20 seasons. Like Naruto, or the Young and the Restless.

I figured that if I make the story short, I would actually have a shot at finishing it. Ha! I haven't worked on the thing in months. Well, it's time to change that. I want to have my "short story" completed by this year. No more fucking around, let's dew dis!

3. Be a Soap Actor



And now we have reached the more outlandish goals I have for myself. I grew up watching quite a few soap operas thanks to my mother. I love melodrama. I dream of the day that I can be on a soap and act a damn fool on the TV screen 5 days a week. "Yeah I fucked yo bitch, whooped yo ass, stole yo company, and if you continue to cross me, I'll end you." I want to be the badass character that everyone loves to hate. "Yes I'm evil, but there are reasons why. Cry for me!" I have no clue on how I can accomplish this goal, but whatever. Never know what the future holds.

4. Be a Successful YouTuber



So I have been playing this YouTube game since 2011. I am very lucky to have the viewers and subscribers I do have. Still, I can't help wishing I was a bigger YouTuber. Or at least making enough money off of my videos to help pay back my student loans. That's all I really want. I don't need to live off of the shit (although that would be nice too).

5. Be Rich



Not an original goal, but it is one that never goes out of style. I don't care how it happens, just let it happen Lord.


So these are some of my goals. Let's see if I can place a check mark next to at least one of them in 5 years.





No comments:

Post a Comment