Sunday, August 4, 2013

I Miss You Neko-chan

On June 25, 2013, Ryo-Ohki, my youngest cat, passed away. It's been a little over a month since he died, and I still can't believe he's gone. I was around 10 years old when I first got him, and he had been in my life for 12 years. I remember when he used to be so tiny I could hold him in one hand, and I remember when he grew up to be a gigantic beast.

I loved that cat.

No. I love that cat. My oldest cat Ken-Ohki (if you know where I got the names for my cats, we can be friends) is still alive, which I am grateful for. However, after Ryo-Ohki's death, Ken-Ohki has become incredibly clingy. I mean, he wants to be around me constantly.

You have to understand that my cat was NEVER the clingy type. He has always been playful, but he was never in your face 24/7 like he is now. He usually kept to himself a lot, handling his cat business, and really only bothered me when he wanted something, i.e. food. But since Ryo died, he is always near. Sleeping in my bed for hours, following me all around the house, and he never shuts up. Oh my LORD, he never shuts up. Meow, meow, meow, meow, fucking meow.

I love him, but daddy needs a break sometimes. Sadly, I feel that he's just lonely now. He and Ryo were together for years and now it's only him. Funny thing is, I originally got/begged-my-mom-for Ryo because I was worried that Ken-Ohki was lonely during the hours that I was at school and my mom was at work.

Sigh. Regardless of the complaining, I'm not looking forward to the day that I have to say goodbye to Ken-Ohki too. I don't think I'll ever get anymore pets again. They don't live as long as humans, and it hurts when your child dies before you do.


Ryo-Ohki on the left, Ken-Ohki on the right.



















Extra pic :)

No comments:

Post a Comment